Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Longneck Karen Girl


I have my new website mostly in place and now I am starting to work on the Thailand photos. As soon as I have gone through them all and prepared some of them I will upload them to the site and then I will post the address. Here's a sample. This is a young Longneck Karen girl in a northern hilltribe village.

For some time I have really been wanting to buy a couple of new lenses, but at the moment I am maintaining lenses for 2 different camera systems: Canon and Minolta (Minolta is now owned and branded Sony). My current DSLR (digital SLR) is Canon, but my previous one was Minolta and my next one could be Canon or, if Sony comes out with something I really like, I might go that way. The problem is that I can't decide which camera mount to go with if I get the lenses. Although I like my Canon quite a lot I really miss the in-body image stabilization that the Minolta/Sony has (Pentax also has it). I really like that feature! I keep putting off purchasing the lenses. There are rumors that Sony will release a new higher end model at the PMA show in February. I suppose I could should until then, at least. But, if I go on a trip before then I don't know if I will be able to withstand temptation any longer. :-)

No comments: