Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Hanoi Hoan Kiem Lake



A few years ago I travelled for almost a month in Vietnam going to Saigon, the Mekong Delta, Chau Doc, Cu Chi Caves, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Hue, Hanoi, Haiphong, Halong Bay, Cat Ba Island, and trekking for several days in the northern hilltribe area. Vietnam was a fascinating country with few, at that time, tourists and I want to go again! Sure, there was some communist propaganda aimed at visitors, but you often had to go out of your way to be exposed to it.

Here's a photo of Hoan Kiem Lake in Hanoi with a pagoda on a small island. I recall that it was a foggy morning when I was walking along the lake shore. The quiet of early morning, the mirrored surface of the lake, and the reflection of the beautiful tree just captivated me.

No comments: