Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Independence Day Outrigger Canoe Races at Waikiki

On Independence Day (Saturday) I was down at the beach and shooting the annual outrigger canoe races -- I did the same last year. I was barefoot and walking on the beach or mostly in the water and was wet almost up to my waist from all the waves. Fortunately, I was able to keep my camera completely dry. It was fun!

Late in the afternoon until sunset we had a picnic at Kapiolani Beach Park on the grass under the palm trees right next to the beach. While we were there 4 fireman came rushing right by us to the beach. The lifeguard had rescued a man who was drowning. I have a few shots of them working on him.

It was a good day. You can see the day's photos here:

http://www.bakubo.com/galleries/Hawaii

Here are a few photos of the canoe races at Waikiki Beach:




No comments: