Friday, January 2, 2009

Sony A700 control wheel problem

In the last few days occasionally when I press the playback button on my Sony A700 and then use the finger/thumb wheel to scroll through photos it will instead of scroll one photo per click stop of the wheel it will suddenly jump quickly through several photos. This is something that just started happening in the last few days and it doesn't happen every time. :-( I checked around on a digital camera forum and it seems lots of people are having this problem. Hmmm. Several people said it is easy to fix by just spraying some electrical contact cleaner in the wheel slots so maybe I will try that. Others said they had to send their camera back to Sony. I only have about a month left on my warranty and while I am in Hawaii it is going to be hard to send in since I don't know how much longer I am going to be here.

No comments: