Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Japan photos online!

I have been travelling in Japan for the last 6.5 weeks and in that time I have gone to Tokyo, Takayama, Shirakawa-go, Magome, Tsumago, Nagoya, Ise-shima, Futami, Meoto Iwa, Himeji, Kagoshima, Kurashiki, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Matsuyama, Omogo, Oboke, Iya Valley, Kochi, Katsura-hama, Onomichi, Seto Inland Sea! I have some new photos in the Japan/Japan 5 and Japan/Japan 6 galleries on my website. If you have a chance then please take a look!


http://www.bakubo.com

2 comments:

owner said...

just came across your site by chance... what a nice pictures. I'm from Malaysia and currently live in Chiba-ken.

Just bought D90, but i wish i could get good picture like yours. I will be waste not to capture all those great moments... so far all my pictures are ugly..

Henry Richardson said...

Hi TuanTanah,

Thank you for the kind words. I used to live in Tokyo so, of course, I have been to Chiba-ken. One of my best friends, a Japanese co-worker from a few years ago, lives in Chiba-shi.

Your Nikon D90 is an excellent camera and is capable of taking excellent photos. The most important ingredient in taking a good photo though is the photographer. If you are really interested in getting better then don't give up. Of course, there is some technical stuff that is very useful to learn, but developing a good eye and learning how to compose, use light and shadow, color, etc. are even more important. Please don't get sucked into the endless search for the perfect camera gear, like many people do though. You will never become good if you worry about gear all the time and blame it. Your camera is good so keep at it! Good luck!

Regards,
Henry Richardson