Monday, January 15, 2007

Image Stabilization

On this cold Austin day with a bit of ice and forecasts of more I am mostly staying inside today.



Here are a couple of photos that illustrate the advantages of having image stabilization. The first one is the Marktplatz in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany and I was able to do it handheld at only 1/3 second! I was wondering around the beautiful little medieval town for several hours in the evening after dinner and this photo was made about 11:00 PM. The second one is the Koutoubia Mosque in Marrakech, Morocco and I used 1/8 second. Those speeds are just too slow for handholding unless you have image stabilization. When I travel image stabilization is a great benefit! I highly recommend it as a very worthwhile feature for just about anyone.

No comments: